Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stupid? Apathetic? Greedy? What the hell....

There is so much information available to us that leads to what's really contributing to much of the violence in our society today.

Are we too stupid to understand it?
Too apathetic to feel we can do something about it?
Or are there too many of us who are too greedy and who are benefiting from the devastation?

Now, that's hard to confront.  More greedy evil people than the good guys?  No, not true.

I know that, personally, I cannot stand it when I feel that there is nothing I can do about something.

So, I ask myself, "What can I do about this."
Then I believe that there is always something.
Then I find what that is.
Then I do it.
Dammit.

Working For Peace on Earth

1 comment:

  1. Hello Diane:

    There is always something one can do. Perhaps just not participate in certain activities or community myths and lies.

    Many Nations as the world in general is perhaps on a slippery slope, yet one can always strive to improve ones immediate environment or oneself if nothing else.

    My generation was taught to leave the world a better place than when we came into it. This is no longer taught to our kids. IT'S ME, ME, ME AND CONSUME ALL I CAN WITHOUT ANY REGARD FOR OTHERS.

    Now, as in the movie, "Field of Dreams"...They will come to your blog.

    Best of luck in your blogging.

    Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year,
    Mike



    ReplyDelete