Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Blue Bloods Dinners....,

If you haven't watched this TV show, you may not get what I'm after here.

Family is hugely important to me.  Always has been and always will be.  I haven't always succeeded with a few of those not-so-high-toned relatives, but for the most part, I think I've let those close to me know how much they mean to me and how much I would do for them.

So, here's the deal.  I love the family dinners on Blue Bloods.  My sister-in-law, a beautiful lady, told me that when she was growing up, her family actually had those kinds of family dinners and she loved them.  I was envious.

There was a time, when I was pretty young, that my mom and her sister Lil made some family gatherings happen, but that was long ago.  I've longed for something like that ever since.

When Frank, Henry, Danny, Erin, Jamie, Linda, Sean, Jack and Nicky come together around that dinner table in just about every episode, -- though I know it's Hollywood/TV/make-believe, -- I love the caring, the conflict, the resolutions and the love.  

And I want some.  My family.  My home.

So how do you make such a thing happen?  Wishing won't do it.  So around everyone's crazy schedule and some of the guys flying here and there and some working all kinds of hours, I determined to have my Blue Bloods Dinner and it was wonderful!  Thanks, family.  I love you VERY much.     :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment